Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Test Results Are In

So I had my monthly doctor appointment today and we received the results of our full integrated screen. This is the test that determines your baby’s risk for genetic defects. I am pleased to say that our risk was calculated at 1 out of 9,500 which means we don’t have to do any further testing! YEAH!

Beyond that, baby’s heartbeat is good and strong at about 150. The only area of concern at this point is my platelet level, which we are closely monitoring. I am on the low side of the range… so we just have to make sure we stay there and don’t dip much more. Otherwise, there could be some delivery concerns. We’re staying positive and hoping for the best!

Oh – and did I forget to mention that so far, I have gained 11 pregnancy pounds. OUCH! They keep saying that is normal, but I continue to feel like a house. Just means I need to start eating healthier and maybe get back to the gym. I have started mall walking on my lunch (you know, like those little old ladies), so hopefully that is helping a little. You would think with all the puking, I just wouldn’t eat – but no, momma still loves her McDonald’s and Taco Bell.


We have our hospital tour this weekend … so I’ll be sure to update you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment