Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's A ...


Well, yesterday was the big day! And I am surprised to say it’s a girl! Why am I surprised? I had a dream Sunday night that it was a boy. Literally, the whole ultrasound played out in my head and we learned it was a boy. I even woke up Monday morning saying, “Babe, we’re having a boy. I know it … it’s a mother’s intuition.” So much for that crap!

The technician said to us, “Do you see those two things?” At that moment, I knew she was talking about a pair of balls and it had to be a boy. Nope, she goes on to say “Those are the lips of the labia forming!” Wow – way to share the news in a technical format!

Either way, I was elated! Mike – well, he’s getting to used the idea. But I know that Baby Girl Hellebuyck is going to be a big ‘ole Daddy’s girl and she is going to have him wrapped around her little finger in no time at all!

After that, mom and I headed off to Buy, Buy Baby and Babies ‘R Us. Overwhelmed doesn’t quite explain how we felt. There were literally four massive shelves of strollers, rows and rows of car seats, etc. You could spend a week there and still not know what you were going to buy!

Needless to say, we decided on furniture (thanks mom – you are the best!) and narrowed down the bedding to a couple choices! After that, it’s time to get new carpet, replace windows, paint, etc. I have a feeling we are going to have a few busy months … so much for catching up on R&R before the baby arrives!


Either way, I am pumped and it truly feels real now! Can’t wait for you all to meet our little peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment