Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Three Weeks and Counting!

As usual, there has been a lot going on … so it’s tough to figure out where to start.

First, let me say congratulations to my friends Maggie and Will on the birth of their BEAUTIFUL daughter Maisey. She came about two weeks early, but mom was amazing and had a natural child birth in just about six hours. I could NEVER do that – she is truly my HERO and I am so proud of her for accomplishing this. Maggie – what a wonderful mommy you are! You can check out her blog here and see amazing baby pics … I have to admit, she does a much better job than I do.

As for me, I am still wheelchair bound, which is extremely unexciting. I am so tired of having people wait on me, drive me places, etc. You would think it would be awesome to be pampered 24-7, but it really is hard feeling useless. Especially at the time when you want to be nesting and getting everything ready for baby’s arrival.


It has resulted in lots of tears … and lots of stress on my whole family who has been so wonderful taking care of me. I love them all more than they can ever know and truly appreciate everything they are doing.

As a special treat for you technical folks, here are the photos of my x-ray. I sort of had a Rachel and Ross Friends flashback when they tried to show me the breaks ("I can't see it"), but maybe you can!


Anyway, I think the plan is for me to try and take my first steps this Friday. I am hoping Mike’s sister, who is a physical therapist, will be able to stop by and help me with this. It’s definitely not something that I want to do on my own, because I know it is going to hurt like a mother (insert your choice of word here!). But I need to get myself a little mobile. Partly because it’s almost impossible for me to get my leg into a stir-up at the OB/GYN so they can check for dilation; and partly because if I have to hop to the bathroom one more time in the middle of the night, I might hurt someone! Wish me luck … and pray that I don’t need to pop one of the Vicodin. (For those of you who know me, I have no problem typically taking medication when I am in pain … but for sake of Baby H. I have been trying very hard to avoid!)


On the positive front, I had my second baby shower this weekend and got to get out of the house and spend some time with my favorite girls (photos to come soon). A special thank you to my mom and girlfriend Lauren for planning such a special night! And to my friend Lynn for taking photos and helping me manage all the gifts from my wheelchair. It was perfect and exactly what I needed.

To all of my friends who took time out of their Saturday night to spend it with me, I absolutely adore you. The night was full of laughs – as they prepared me for the joys of birth – and plenty of Pink Panty Pulldown was consumed (don’t ask!). Everyone was extremely generous and I am confident that we are well prepared for baby girl’s arrival … any time in the next five weeks.

It’s hard to believe that she is officially due on August 23rd – just about three weeks away. While I have been feeling pretty uncomfortable (ie., she loves to extend her foot directly into my rib cage almost all day and night) and it would be wonderful to have her here STAT, I am hoping she sits tight and gives my foot a few more weeks to heal. We are officially on the weekly doctor visit schedule, so I will be posting updates here on our progress. First “official” pelvic exam takes place on Thursday. Can’t wait! (Right, I am so not looking forward to this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment