Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Visit to Beaumont

A quick little post ...

Had a bit of a scary afternoon yesterday. Was at work and all of a sudden had trouble with my vision. Really hard to explain, but couldn't see everything on my computer screen. Called the doctor and they told me to go to the hospital.

Upon getting there, they told me they were a little concerned about preeclampsia. My blood pressure was elevated and legs were swollen. Then, I have had the chronic pain in my right side (which I thought was a foot).

Blood pressure came down and I was able to go home, but now have to do a 24-hour urine collection to look for protein. Trust me, lots of fun when you are stuck in a wheelchair still and it has to be refrigerated. I know - TMI! But isn't that the point of this blog??

I go back to my ob/gyn today ... we'll see what they think. Best case, it's nothing - worst case, they decide to induce. So stay tuned.

On a positive note, everyone at Beaumont was extremely nice - so I feel good about delivering there when the big day comes.

And learned this morning that my mother-in-law was hospitalized yesterday with gall stones. She is having surgery as we speak to have it removed. Love you Mrs. H! Good luck - we're thinking about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment