Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Will the Morning Sickness Ever End?

Let me start by saying the fun never stops. I am now working from home until February 21st because my morning sickness has gotten so severe that my doctor doesn’t want me driving. I guess dry heaving or throwing up about every hour doesn’t make it safe for me – or others – on the road. The hope is that we can get the Zofran built up in my system enough for me to feel better … otherwise, the next step is a Reglan pump. So if anyone has any other tips for getting me through these next few weeks – SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

We have also started taking belly pictures (because yes, I am growing to the size of a house already) and I hope to get them posted soon. Unfortunately, Mike is the only one who can download them, so I am sort of at his mercy. MEN! I was hoping to keep my semi-figure for a while, but it has been almost impossible to exercise because of the way I feel. So long to skinny jeans, hello elastic!  

Anyway, for those of you who know me, you know that I am TERRIFIED of the whole delivery process. Yes – it is already on my mind. In my perfect world, I am going to just have a C-section and keep all of my “goodies” intact. But Mike is really pushing for me to do things the normal way, with a really good epidural of course. I have heard some interesting things about doulas, but I’m not sure if that is too hokey for me. Or do they just support natural birth? Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Can you recommend anyone?

Really looking forward to some great input here!

No comments:

Post a Comment