Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Showered with Love

I wanted to start by saying thank you to Mike's mom, and all my sister-in-law's (Amy, Susan and Cheri) for the amazingly beautiful shower they threw for us late last month. Everything was lady-bug themed and they obviously worked very hard to make the day special for us. We love you all!

Throughout the shower, we got a ton of great stuff and we are on our way to being ready for baby girl's arrival! Everything from our stroller, video monitor, car seat, pack-n-play, diaper bag, clothes, books and more.

We also got to very special gifts that are among our favorite! One was a special drawing by Sabryn and framed with help from her brothers Holden and Landon! We can't wait to hang it in the nursery - it is so beautiful! And to think, Sabryn isn't even a teenager yet! (The picture I took of it below really doesn't even do it justice!)

We also got an adorable ladybug chair from Mallory, Kara, Sara and Alyssa! I think it will be one of baby girl's favorites as she grows up and I am so looking forward to seeing her use it for the very first time!

And Mike's mom gave him a handmade quilt from his Aunt Rose that she has kept all of these years. It is a Hey Diddle Diddle theme and let's just say Mike got pretty emotional over this one! It was truly a gift from the heart and one we will always treasure.


Here are some other pics from the amazing day! And yes - if you are looking at my hair and saying WTF, those are hair extensions! My friend Annie, who has been doing my hair, tried to help me feel pretty that day! As you know, the extra weight hasn't been helping my self-esteem, so we put in some long flowing locks! Don't worry - I am back to normal now!




Other than that, we are almost ready to start putting the nursery together. We should be getting it started next weekend. Pics will be coming soon! I am also washing all the baby clothes and packing my suitcase this week ... you know, just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment